Saturday, June 25, 2011

IDEAS : Structural + Organic

Architects have their own design processes and styles by which they find forms, meaning, and context. We have our own different perspective on Architecture and it is not always inherent with what everyone believes in. That being said, what we believe in gives our building or structures individuality and Character.

I believe that everything comes from something. Everything is made of something. All the things we see, touch, hear, smell and taste all comprise of a building body that enables it to fulfill its purpose. That explains how I work, how my buildings look, the feeling or experience it conveys and how I work with an Element and treat it as a tool.

Inspiration can come from everything and anything. It can be an idea or an object. Most of the time, my concepts come from nature or in other words, it is organic. At first, I never thought that a Structuralist can blend with Organic concepts, but I discovered it can. Structuralists are concerned with the relationships of elements, processes and how it can work as a whole. As of now, my works and designs look very Structural and complex but at the same time it is also organic. Curvilinear forms are dominant in creating spaces. Though the Structure is very structural, the lines are clean and curved.

Back in High school, I really liked Chemistry and Physics, I guess that somehow influences on how I design and how my designs look. I’m a really a nature lover. I don’t like rigid objects. Growing up, I was surrounded by people who are very traditional, even my house. The furniture, how it is planned, everything is traditional. I kind of want to break away from that traditional background and create something new and unexpected in everything I do. I try to be unique and unhabitual. I have always been a music lover. I play a lot of instruments. I love to dance regardless of what type it is. That explains how I like movement and dynamism. It comes out naturally, and unintentionally. I love how a Structuralist can apply movement in structures. I’m amazed at how much I can do with a single form. How much your body moves with the structure. Your eyes follow the movement of the elements and your feet allow you to interact with the structure.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger