Thursday, June 2, 2011

COMPACT V.1


Nowadays, modern technology provides humans the power to have almost everything Compacted into a single Gadget or Instrument. The first thing that came up to me is an Ipod, just because it has all the tools for communication that us humans use in everyday life.

My concept for addressing this design problem is being able to provide the client with a space that is customizable. Following this, my inspiration came from Lego. Like legos, the spaces I'll be making the spaces adjust to the users preference so that even though the space is small, it can provide what the client needs.


The house i'll be doing will have an open floor plan that can be separated by the use of sliding doors, which I think is a huge space saver. Adding to that, I'll be making furniture that can be hidden when it's not needed such as the beds, chairs, places for storage, studio or working area, and of course the kitchen. My overall approach to this design problem is that, Practicality comes a long way. When you don't need something. it doesn't need to be lying around thus, clever planning and flexible spaces take a vital role in solving this dillema.

2 comments:

  1. To be honest, I wasn't that crazy with this concept ...at first. It is a good thing that you posted a photo and I started seeing some potential. My clues for you are "plug and play" plus and minus "male and female"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sir, I couldn't really think of how it will look pa e. I'm concentrating on the plan. I really want to push through with the customizable concept. Can you give me some tips sir?

    ReplyDelete

Powered By Blogger